Research PortalLetters of Support
Compute Canada offers to partner with researchers in grants involving an Advanced Research Computing (ARC) component. Compute Canada can act as a partner, providing resources (in-kind) during a stable term to support the operations of the systems that are funded by the grant.
In order to request a letter of support from us, please follow these steps:
- Send an email to email@example.com as far as possible ahead of your submission deadline (please give us at least five business days).
- Make sure to include in your email the following information:
• Name(s) of the researcher(s).
• Grant name and name of funding agency.
• Deadline for submitting the letter to the funding agency.
• A short paragraph highlighting the Advanced Research Computing component of the research and explaining why Compute Canada should enter as a partner in the proposed research.
• A one-page summary of the proposed research.
• Name of the person and institution to which the letter should be addressed.
• Any additional form(s) that need to be filled out.
• Any particular instructions and guidelines that may apply.
- We will contact you within the two days following our receipt of your email to confirm that we have received all the information we need to produce the letter, to request some additional information, or to set up a meeting to discuss the proposal in more detail.
- Once the above steps have been completed and the terms of the partnership have been agreed, we will send by email a signed copy of the support letter with the Compute Canada official letterhead.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.