Advanced Research Computing (ARC) is now an essential component of research infrastructure for all nations and usage is growing rapidly. We have seen our user-base more than double in the last 5 years and are seeing demand greatly outstrip what we can currently provide. Collectively, we all have a role to ensure advanced research computing resources keep pace with the needs of Canadian researchers and their international and industrial partners.
How can you help?
- Let decision makers in your institution know that advanced research computing is essential to your research.
- Ensure your President and VPR are aware of how digitally intensive research is transformative and that it requires sustainable predictable funding models.
- Mention the resources you use in your publications and presentations.
- Write your local MP and share news of your research and how you use advanced research computing.
- Work with your communications department on success stories highlighting the advances in digitally intensive research.
- Participate in Compute Canada’s Sustainable Planning for Advanced Research Computing.