Now Accepting LOI Submissions for RPP Competition
CCDB Now Accepting Research Platforms & Portals Competition Letters of Intent
Deadline to Submit – August 13
Compute Canada is now accepting Letter of Intent (LOI) submissions for its Research Platforms and Portals (RPP) competition.
Click here to register / login to the CCDB to submit your LOI.
Who Can Submit?
The competition is open to any researcher based at a Canadian academic institution who is eligible to apply for funding to the federal granting agencies. Submissions are welcomed from applicants in any discipline who use platforms or portals to serve the needs of a community of researchers. Last year’s applicants ranged in background from the Humanities, to Physics, to Genomics, to Earth and Environmental Science. Examples of their eligible projects can be found here.
Groups requiring computing or storage resources to support their platform or portal are encouraged to apply if their projects fall within any of the following categories:
- Resources requested on behalf of a large community of users that will be reallocated to individuals and small groups following the award.
- Applications that provide a public platform that will make use of Compute Canada computing or storage.
- Groups engaging in international agreements to provide multi-year computing or storage solutions based in Canada.
- Recipients of the Major Science Initiative from the Canada Foundation for Innovation.
- Groups that are providing shared data sets accessible using a third party (non-Compute Canada) interface.
What Should the LOI Include?
This stage of the competition is non-competitive and is used to ensure project alignment with the RPP competition rules. Submissions are generally one page, providing a high-level summary of the project’s rationale, operation and scope. Full details of the LOI criteria can be found in the RPP Competition Guide. Successful LOIs will be invited to submit a full application.
|CCDB submission area activated. Applicants may upload LOIs starting from this date.||Friday, July 31|
|All LOI submissions due.||Thursday, August 13 – 4:00 pm EDT|
|Full applications invited.||Wednesday, September 09|
|All RPP full applications due.||Thursday, October 08 – 4:00 pm EDT|