HPCS 2015 – First call for papers
HPCS 2015, Canada’s pre-eminent forum for HPC, is now accepting Abstract Submissions (http://hpcs.ca).
This summer, the 29th annual High Performance Computing Symposium will take place in Montreal, from June 17 to 19. HPCS is a multidisciplinary conference that focuses on research involving High Performance Computing and its applications in Canada. Attended by Canadian and international experts and renowned researchers in the computer sciences, all areas of engineering, applied and pure sciences, medicine and life sciences, mathematics, the humanities and social sciences, it is Canada’s foremost forum for HPC.
This year, the main theme of the conference will be Advanced Computing and Big Data: Driving Competitiveness and Discovery. Our invited speakers include:
- Michael Brudno, Associate Professor, University of Toronto and Sick Kids
- Patrice Castonguay, Professional Engineer — CFD Methods Development, Bombardier Aerospace
- Thierry Deutsch, Institut Nanosciences et Cryogénie, CEA-Grenoble, France
- Charles Lin, Director General — Atmospheric Science and Technology Directorate, Environment Canada
- Andrea Lodi, Full Professor of Operations Research, Department of Electronics, Computer Sciences and Systems, University of Bologna, and École Polytechnique de Montréal
- Stan Posey, HPC Industry Development, NVIDIA
The Wednesday will be devoted solely to Big Data and its applications. Other themes:
- Chemistry and NanoScience
- Physics and Engineering
- Biology and Bioinformatics
- Infrastructures, Algorithm and Emerging Technologies
- Exploring the World
Our conference special events include an opening cocktail on the 11th floor terrasse of the Concordia Visual Arts building and the Compute Canada Soirée at the Bain Mathieu. Tutorials will be held on June 15 and 16; complete information will be available soon on our web site.
Important Dates :
Deadline for abstract submission : March 17th, 2015
Notice of acceptance: April 8th, 2015
Deadline for early bird registration : April 15th,2015