What would Holmes be without Watson or Thelma without Louise? Nothing really. That’s what a good research support expert is like — complementary to the point of essential — helping you optimize code, navigate the scheduler, and run jobs at far greater efficiency.
Letting you get back to the science and focus on the results.
If you’ve got a partner in crime that has been essential to your research success, we want to hear about it. Take 10 minutes, fill out the nomination form for a Compute Canada Award of Excellence, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Thank you for taking the time to nominate and help us recognize excellence!
Table of Contents
- Nominate someone for an Award of Excellence
- Contest rules
- Selection process
- Recognition of nominees and award winners
Nominate someone for an Award of Excellence
Step 1: Select the team member you want to nominate.
Step 2: Tell the story! Complete the “Description of Nominee” section by providing specific examples of how/why your nominee should be considered for the Award.
The submissions that best reflect the spirit behind the awards will be chosen.
- Award of Excellence
(**Individual that provided excellent service/support)
- Team Choice Award
(**Outstanding Compute Canada team member as nominated by his/her peers)
We are asking for nominees that:
- had a significant impact on your research program
- went above and beyond the call of duty in supporting your work, achieving a deadline, etc.
- created a tool or service that has removed barriers in your work
- created or enabled unique cross-Canada collaborations
- helped enable a group who are not traditional users to use advanced research computing
- supported, created or managed a platform or portal for a large research group
- made an outstanding contribution to a national team or service
Nominations are due May 1, 2018.
Need some inspiration? Meet Julie, one of last year’s Awards of Excellence winners.
Who is eligible for nomination?
Any active full-time or part-time Compute Canada, ACENET, Calcul Québec, Compute Ontario or WestGrid team member. (Not sure if they’re a Compute Canada team member? Send us a quick email and we can help: email@example.com)
Limitations on nominations:
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Past award recipients cannot be nominated if they were a recipient in the last two years. Check the 2017 and 2016 award winners.
Who may nominate?
Compute Canada account holders, Compute Canada team members and regional executives.
Please note: Supporting letters are not required but are accepted. If you would like to provide letters of support from other nominators, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Compute Canada Awards.” Please ensure the letters do not exceed 5 pages in total.
Nominations are accepted until May 1, 2018. All nominations will be reviewed by Compute Canada’s Senior Management Team and winners will be announced June 2018.
All nominees will be informed of their nomination.
If the individual or team you have nominated is selected for an award, you will be notified.
Recognition of nominees and award winners
Being nominated for a Compute Canada Award of Excellence is an important accomplishment. In recognition of this milestone, all nominees will be recognized with a letter of congratulations.
Winners will be announced June 2018 and will be featured on the Compute Canada website and newsletter.
The awards ceremony will take place at CANHEIT-TECC 2018 in Burnaby on June 20, 2018.