Sustainable Planning for Advanced Research Computing — SPARC
Compute Canada has undertaken extensive consultations in order to engage the community and assess user demand. This consultation has included:
- A needs survey in the autumn of 2013 (more than 200 faculty responses)
- More than 20 in-person consultations at various Canadian campuses in the winter of 2013-14.
- A call for white papers issued in summer 2014.
- In-person consultations at 6 locations across Canada in January, 2015.
- A needs survey in January 2016 (more than 100 faculty responses).
- A call for white papers issued in January 2016.
- Interviews with some of Canada’s largest HPC users in 2016.
- In-person consultations at 15 locations across Canada in January-February 2016.
- Several online consultation sessions in 2014 and 2016.
In addition, user data from the Compute Canada Database (CCDB) was mined for the 2010-2015 period to search for usage trends.